At times, receiving WSIB benefits can be a long, complicated legal battle, that very few people understand, BUT WE DO. We know the system, the process, and how it can directly impact your health and your family’s health.
Ensure that you follow these steps to help get your WSIB approved
- Report the accident, illness, or disease as soon as possible to a supervisor or human resources at your company
- Ensure that your employer submits a Form 7 to the WSIB to verify your injury
- Complete the Form 6 to describe your accident or injury and submit your claim to the WSIB
You are able to make the report online here https://www.wsib.ca/en/form/reporting-2
- Make an appointment with your health care provider immediately. This may be your family physician, chiropractor, physiotherapist, registered nurse, or a physician at a walk-in clinic or at the hospital. Your health care provider is responsible for submitting the Form 8 to the WSIB
- Make sure you follow the instructions and/or restrictions that your health care provider gives you on the Form 26 or the Functional Abilities Form
- Make sure you keep your employer updated and informed of your injury or illness on a frequent basis
- Call us at 1-866-WE-FIGHT for a FREE Consultation! Let us help you!